Sunday, October 2, 2011

Continuing the Legacy

1.      What can and will you do to be a part of the "best and brightest" of Howard?

In order to be a part of the “best and brightest” of Howard, I will be involved in many clubs and organizations. Being highly involved in the school is, in my opinion, one of the best ways to become one of good standards. I will also meet lots of new people. Meeting new people will open up new doors and opportunities that can prove beneficial to my future experiences. Above all, I will make it my mission to achieve a 4.0 GPA.


2.      What does it mean to be a citizen of the world? How does your citizenship in the nation inform your world citizenry?

Being a citizen of the world means that we are inhabitants of this planet and we must uphold certain responsibilities. We must take care of our environment and respect all creatures that reside in it. Like us, they live in this world as well, and it is not fair for us to treat them as if they have no significance. My citizenship in the nation informs my world citizenry by connecting to the major issues of the world and learning about our environment.



 3.      Identify a representative thinker of Howard. How does that figure's life work inspire you to "till and turn over the soil" which, as Dr Thornton noted, is expected of each Howard student.

Since being a student at Howard University, I have had the amazing privilege to hear words of wisdom from many powerful individuals. Dr. Albert Thornton in particular, has inspired me the most to complete my education here and do something significant for this world. His talk about asking the great questions opened my eyes to the ignorance of our world and its negligence to its problems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment