Sunday, October 23, 2011

H.U Homecoming

For this year’s homecoming I expected greatness; great food, people, celebrities, festivities, and excitement. From the alumni to the upperclassmen and other attendees I had always heard Howard’s Homecoming is an eventful affair.

Homecoming Monday through Thursday was boring and left me unimpressed. Because we still had classes, I initially felt homecoming was just another week of school. To kick off the week we had Midnight Madness last Saturday. I thought the event was fun; I got to see everyone represent their clubs, the performers dance and some up and coming artists. The title of the event was a little deceiving but besides it not lasting to midnight I had a good time. Then on Wednesday, I got tickets to see the Fashion Show II. The models, designers, dancers and stage crew executed the show very well. I almost felt as though I was a spectator at a real show in Fashion week.

The real excitement however did not kick in until the weekend. I could not wait to get out of my classes to get to the yard fest. My friends and I loved the artists that were featured and their performances. And on Saturday, I went to the football game and the Step Show. From the time of our win against the Aggies to the announcement of the winners of the Step Show I felt I had more fun than I had had all week.

All in all, the weekend was the best part of Homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment