Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Maternal love of Howard

Being a student at Howard University has had a tremendous impact on my future aspirations. There is something about the atmosphere that makes you want to be the best you can do. Maybe it’s the history that permeates from the architecture, literature, and allegories of HU alumni. Maybe even the wisdom that is entrusted to us from past generations. Or even the protective and loving sentiment that envelops the campus that has an inclination to make you feel as safe as the warm and soothing cradle of a mother’s arms. Seeing all of this inspiring history and success honestly makes me think that maybe I can become someone of importance to this world. Hearing all of the exhilarating lectures from such experienced professors and officials gives me courage and motivation to perform at my utmost potential. Studying at this university so far has been a reality changing enterprise that has expanded the boundaries of my comfort zone and propelled my resolve to new heights. I cannot fully explain the feeling this university gives with my limited vocabulary, but I am quite sure that I will not get the same sensation attending another college or university.

No comments:

Post a Comment