Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Seminar Experience

In the first Freshman Seminar, we were given an overview of the classes and what would be expected of us throughout the course. This was also the first time the class was given a blog topic in which we had to detail our first week’s experience at Howard University as the new class of freshmen students. In my first blog I talked about looking forward to learning about what the Howard experience had to offer.

Almost eight weeks later, I believe Howard has offered to me more than what I could have imagined the first week here. Just being a Howard student is a lesson within itself. You learn to value and celebrate black culture, live past your potential, network, be a self-activist, work hard, be responsible and most importantly stay true to yourself.

As evident in the learning of Howard’s history, we as the students have a lot to live up to. Howard has produced many scholars, celebrities and intellectuals, who have set the standards before us; and as students we must continue this legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment